Chemical Harmony is the new venture of Brooks Williams (Retchid) and Alex Bedwell. Embracing everything that is nu disco, Chemical Harmony can best be summed up in one word: soul. Their debut EP “Memory Island” on MK837 highlights their passion for the genre and lays the foundation for their future releases.
From the Tastemakers:
- “Nice deep vibes. Solid tracks.” — DJ Omni (Transform DJs / Heaven Sound Records / Deeplife Records)
- “Fresh sounds for next Summer!!!” — DJ SaF (Sesque Music / Crossworld Records / Boiler Underground Records)
- “Positive vibes!” — Reid K (MK837)
- “Really good groove.” — Katzo (NuLabel / Multi Vitamins / Datagroove Music)
- “I really like Control!” — Chris Harrington (Uncovered)
- “Very good release!” — Zonik the Flame (Radio Encuentro 93.5 fm)
- “Awesome house music!” — DJ Knowledge (Satellite Records)
- “Smooth house beats layered with buttery topping. Like at the drive-in movie theater during the intermission when they play that old fashioned footage of the snack counter.” — Tim Bunch
- “I like “Control” the best of the two. It sounds like a lost classic of sorts and it has a nice intro instead of just drums. Pretty tidy baseline too.” — Rikki (VIM Records / MK837 / Illegal Ninja Moves)
- “Control is so smooth!” — deeflash (Hi-life / Trike Records / Deeplife Records)
- “Both tracks are awesome! another great release from mk837.” — micFreak (MK837 / Above All Records / DeepSink Digital)
About Chemical Harmony:
Hailing from the Deep South, Chemical Harmony is the soul fueled, multi-genre brain child of the seasoned American Producing/DJ duo, Brooks Williams (Retchid) and Alex Bedwell (The Bizz). In a world overrun by producers trying to emulate top artists, Chemical Harmony takes their audience to a cerebral plane of ecstasy by blending sounds from both synthetic and natural elements. Chemical Harmony’s vision is simple: create soulful driven music that can send feet into a frenzy, while at the same time touching a person on a deeper emotional level.
These two friends have long envisioned a project in which they could share open source music for open minded people while not being confined by a specific genre. Chemical Harmony brings their listeners an organic experience through modern technology that nourishes the spirit as much as the body. With influences that range from Charles Feelgood, DJ X, Huda Hudia, Nick Warren, Sasha, John Digweed, Dave Seaman, and countless other artists, Chemical Harmony has well-rounded taste in what they ingest.
Alex Bedwell (The Bizz) has been pleasing ears for 12 years, and began his career in Tuscaloosa, Alabama performing solo as well as with BTU (Birmingham Trance Underground). He has shared the stage with such talents as Shiloh, DJ Stryke, and Kenneth Thomas, as well as headlining notable events such as Bayfest and Cornerstone Music Festival. Only truly exhilarated when in front of an audience, he loves to share the freshest of beats while encouraging the love and unity of all from all walks of life.
Brooks Williams (Retchid) has had a multitude of tracks featured on many platforms, such as Germany’s Big City Beats Radio, UK’s KissFM, The Young Punx Podcast, as well as local stations Birmingham Mountain Radio and Harmony Broadcasting Network. He has received support from such artists as The Young Punx, Foreign Beggars, Johnny Dangerously, Farace, Sneaker and The Dryer, Judge Jules, Roger Sanchez, Stereo Mc’s, Iban Reus, B Phreak, Anna Kiss, and MC Lars. One of his newest releases, “Moonlight” was in the Beatport Breaks top 100 chart, and he is currently working on future tracks for multiple labels.
With releases on such labels as Universal, Mofohifi, Kick It Recordings, Technocolor Recordings, LW Recordings and many more, Chemical Harmony will have no problem finding homes for the fruit of their artistic efforts.
Chemical Harmony has their first release this month, May 27th on Mk837 Records entitled “Memory Island’; an Electronic Indie EP. They also have releases lined up for the rest of the year that include many genres so keep an eye and an ear out for Chemical Harmony.