Spring is in full bloom and micFreak is wafting over the airwaves once again. MK837 is proud to present ‘Feelin’ Love’, micFreak’s latest EP. From warm, lazy sounds of spring to harder hitting floor fillers, ‘Feelin’ Love’ is a perfect addition to your crate. Love is in the air. Don’t miss out.
From the Tastemakers:
- “Arise is very good. Brilliant for summer.” – DJ Matt Wilko (Sleepin’ is Cheatin’ / Wired Events / Big Vibes)
- “Nice synth and rhythm.” – Katzo (NuLabel / Multi Vitamins / Datagroove Music)
- “My favourite is ‘Arise’, anyway it’s a good release!!!” – DJ SaF (Sesque Music / Crossworld Records / Boiler Underground Records)
- “This is a great EP!! Top notch production – exactly what you would expect from a label like mk837. I like the usage of the major chord structures giving the tunes a revitalizing and radiant vibe; makes me feel good.” – J. Davis (Polytechnic Recordings / Clubstream / Om )
- “Quality house release here! Especially like ‘Arise’.” – Chris Harrington (Uncovered)
- “Love the house tracks ‘Feelin Love’ and ‘Arise’. Quality stuff, great melodies, basslines, piano stabs, etc. Excellent work!” – DJ Omni (Transform DJs / Heaven Sound Records / Deeplife Records)
- “All 3 tracks are great but I think ‘Arise’ is the best for that peak hour goodness!” – deeflash (Hi-life / Trike Records / Deeplife Records)
- “Very good!” – Zonik the Flame (Radio Encuentro 93.5 FM)
- “Full Support – ‘Arise’ is awesome – Love the disco vibe. Great release all around!” – Retchid (Technocolor Sound Recordings / Kick It Recordings)
- “Full support from deep dementure” – Deep Dementure (Canaan Digital Records / Purple Gate Records)
“‘Feelin Love’ is an epic house track will all of the rises and falls of greatness. More amazing music from MK837 and micFreak!” – Tim Bunch
- “‘Feelin’ Love’ has such a pulse. Lovely.’Arise’ takes me back to college in the mid-90s. ‘Live Again’ really does make you feel alive. Energetic and nostalgic.” – IannaI (Raveboy Records / MK837)
Sometimes it’s easy to get sidetracked with your childhood aspirations. Not Mic Cobaria aka micFreak. He stayed true to his childhood ambitions and pressed his way into music. Mic once strolled down to a variety of music avenues, performing and playing in different pop/rock bands. But his exposure to artists such as Ferry Corsten, Moby, Above and Beyond, Deadmau5, Hardwell, DJ Icey, BT, The Chemical Brothers, Carl Cox and The Prodigy shifted his desire to embrace and make electronica, in which he now calls the genre ‘home’. Mic eventually became one of the active ‘mover and shaker’ in the thriving Manila electronic scene before moving to America.
With 15 years of experience in the music scene under his belt along with various band involvements, Mic developed a strong sense of songwriting and arranging skill. Driven to put his name out in the dance circuit, his tracks can be heard all over Soundcloud with beautifully programmed anthems in sub-genres such as Progressive, Trance, Electro, Tech-House and all sorts of EDM. His music can be described as deep, driving, uplifting, euphoric, up-to- date and energetic that’s primed for the dancefloor. Mic likes to fuse squelching and melodic synth lines, drippy arpeggios, throbbing baselines and supersized beats altogether to create something that’s unique to his sound.
By day he is a music teacher at Baltimore City nurturing young talents, and by night produces new music in his home studio. While Mic is a multi- instrumentalist (loves guitars and drums) his main passions are synthesizers, grooveboxes and studio recording softwares. These days you can catch micFreak’s live PA/Dj sets playing various venues in the in the Baltimore, DC, Delaware, Virginia and New York area featuring his original set of tracks. Now armed with strong production chops his tracks and remixes were picked and released by MK837, Deepermanila, Traxacid, Deepsink Digital, Deeplife Records and Fuzion Four Records on Beatport. More releases are slated this year and as always with Mic, the best is yet to come. So stay tuned!