It’s time for the October 2011 Broken Arrow Podcast. This time around we’re bringing you a stellar mix from our label mate Rikki. If you enjoy breaks, tech house and a bit of dub (sans step), we think we’ve got something that will make you groove.
Rikki comes from the Orkney Islands up in the north of Scotland. By day Rikki works as an apprentice joiner and by night he is a producing machine. With influences that range from James Holden and trentmoller to Jurassic 5 and Bob Marley, Rikki’s own sound is somewhere between deep-tech house and progressive breaks.
Rikki’s new album “From This To That” will be in stores on November 29th. Featured on the album will be remixes by Deeflash and Deep Dementure. If you enjoyed Rikki’s previous releases, you won’t want to miss this one.
Don’t forget to check out our latest releases including Michael Montez’s “We Got The Groove”, Netzik’s “Deep Sleep” and Jeremy Kadinger’s “My Name Is House”. Also, keep an eye out for KriSand’s “Thank You” which will be releasing on November 1st.
- John Tejada – Timeless Space [Palette]
- Julio Bashmore – Father Father (Inst.) [Futureboogie]
- Ben Moore – It’s Been A While (Kevin Oneel Remix) [MK837]
- Piet van Dongen & Patchy – She Can’t Stop This (Dub) [Manual]
- Stanton Warriors – Out Of My Head (feat. Ruby Goe) [Punks]
- Jeff Bennet – Dropz [Regular]
- Banco De Gaia – Drunk As A Monk (Rabbit In The Moon Remix) [Disco Gecko]
- Seph – Bats [Leftroom]
- Style Of Eye – Whizzkid (Audiojack Mix) [Blockhead]
- XY-Me – Can’t Stop [Manual]
- Cobblestone Jazz – Memories (From Where You Are) (Pt. 2) [K7 Records]
- Electronic Beach – Electron [Jambalay]
- Colombo – Cous Cous [iBrkeas]
- Syncro 69 & Claas Reimer – Moon Pong Babylon [VIM]
- Lee Curtiss – Whatcha Need (Raw Cut) [Cityfox]
- Kriece – Zombie Yoga [Spinifex]
- Scent – Century [Irma Records]
- Mutiny UK – Swimming With Sharks [Ovum]
- Neal White – Lieblings Pulse [Wasabi]